Press Release Linked Data for Data Governance & Advanced Analytics
BARC identifies Linked Data approach as innovative solution beyond engineering and manufacturing
Data Silos | Data Governance | Advanced Analytics | Linked Data | BARC | Product Lifecycle
+++ Research Paper available for Download +++
Today, nearly all businesses are facing their very own Digital Transformation. “For some, it’s about survival, as the handling of data is taking on a critical new meaning” (BARC). In our projects along the product Lifecycle (PLC) domains of engineering and manufacturing, Linked Data has shown to be very capable of breaking open data silos, thus connecting and gaining access to the entire enterprise knowledge. In our brave new data world, holistic access to information is essential to a company’s success - based on the necessity to act fast, react even faster, in accelerating markets.
- Download Research Note “Linked Data - A Promising Approach for Data Governance and Advanced Analytics"
BARC has identified this approach to be also a very potent solution to the challenges within Data Governance and Advanced Analytics. The possible transparency increases over processes and inherent knowledge constitute a “decisive competitive advantage” not only relevant to existing but also future challenges, so the researchers.
What Linked Data does:
- Bridge isolated data silos as one of the biggest obstacles
- Link all available and relevant data
- Identify dependencies and larger patterns
- Understand and improve processes from start to finish.
What Linked Data benefits provide:
- Smarter, more cost-effective and automatic processes
- Opportunity for new insight, develop new (data based) products
- New business models based on transparency and traceable enterprise processes