|Date||21st -22nd September 2021|
|Place||Fraunhofer IAO, Nobelstr. 12, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany|
Look forward to an exciting keynote together with our customer Bastian Kreft from Hella.
More information will follow shortly.
About the Event
When companies have to react ever faster to changes in the environment, this leads to increasing complexity. Digital product and function descriptions allow adjustments along the product creation process. The Advanced Digital Engineering Summit 2021 offers impulses and opportunities for exchange on the efficient handling of complexity in product creation through the use of Advanced Systems Engineering (ASE), for example in the form of a digital twin.
The current crisis has shown; the more digital a company's production is set up, the more efficient, reliable and flexible it is and the better it has been able to meet this challenge. Companies are therefore now under even greater pressure to drive digitization forward. Among other things, new, efficient forms of distributed collaboration must be created. Particularly in product creation, this calls for creativity and a willingness to innovate. Digital, model-based and interdisciplinary product descriptions offer great potential here, but consistency and data feedback in companies and value creation networks are currently among the major hurdles. The availability and manageability of current information is made more difficult by constantly increasing complexity. Methods of advanced systems engineering, such as digital twins, support the development and control of complex systems and allow the closing of system gaps.
In order to complement new insights with concrete experiences at the Summit, the contributions from industry and academia will focus on the following:
- Mastering complexity through the use of advanced systems engineering.
- Platforms and interfaces as a basis for the design of digital twins in development and production
- Use of model-based systems engineering to increase digital consistency in product development
- Increasing flexibility through the use of Software-Defined-X approaches
- Strengthening transparency in product creation processes through visualization and value stream mapping
- Starting points for the use of data as a supplement to established business models
- Possible applications of artificial intelligence (AI) in product development
The program of the two-day event includes impulses and implementation examples from practice and science that help companies to improve the networking of development and production. Due to the balanced selection of contributions, participants from medium-sized companies as well as from large enterprises will benefit. Selected formats, such as "breakout sessions" and the evening event, promote individual exchange to deepen individual aspects. The event thus offers the opportunity to become part of a constantly growing network.